I must say that our family is presently in a season where we are being showered by all things good. With a new marriage, new house, new dogs, and a new job underway, it feels as though something exciting and beautiful is around every corner. I am enjoying every detail of making our new house a home, with such immensity, and my beautiful home is growing, one furry creature, by one. I do not say this to boast, but rather, with sincere gratitude for what our Creator has sent my way. Things are not always "together" in my family and dare I say, they are often times messy. We all face intervals in life where we feel like one more thing will sink our ship. But, it's how we respond to these emotional invasions of life, that defines who and what we are. Do we show gratitude for the bad and take it, simply, as an opportunity to grow? I cannot say that I always do.A couple months ago, Sam ( my husband) and I faced a very trying time in our relationship. It seemed that anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. What I have learned about life, is that it is like an ocean, moving in and out like a rhythm. We have our periods of learning and growing, and we also have our periods of resting and soaking in all of the goodness. The learning is often laborious and tiresome, and yet we always come out of it feeling bigger, better, and stronger than ever. We feel as though we gain knowledge and understanding of whatever we conquered--like a soldier. Inevitably following these seasons of growth, we experience seasons of rest and sweetness. Here we again feel like we can conquer all. The magic occurs ONLY when these beautiful opposites dance with one another; one gracefully taking stage and then allowing the other to steal the show. It's a partnership of circumstance that makes the world go round.
I have dedicated my energy and thoughts to adapting this mindset. I want this grateful thought process to come as naturally to me as the breath I breathe and the beat of my heart.
To a joyful day, whatever may come our way, cheers.
momma hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment