


I spent the afternoon today photographing and learning from my dearest friend, Tara. As she wove together a masterpiece of florals and foliage, our long overdue conversation filled my heart with joy. I don't get to see my sweet friend nearly as often as I would hope, and there is so much I gain and learn from her every time we visit.
I forgot to mention this to Tara, but I remember when I was a child, I would sit in the warm, sun enveloped grass, weaving together clover flowers and dandelions, creating the perfect exhibit of beauty. As I'm certain every other little girl has done, I would create necklaces, crowns, bracelets, and rings out of these simple, but exquisite little wild flowers. Immediately upon finishing, I would frantically rush to my mother, bearing what I thought was the most magnificent gift imaginable. My mom would always, always, always accept these gifts with such excited gratitude that it fed my desire to continue creating gifts for her. I suppose that is what continues my inspiration today--who does;y value a beautiful, handmade gift.
There is something special about the simplicity and elegance of florals. They encompass all things peaceful and serene. It doesn't matter if I have had e a day filled with negative, stressful, out of my control events, if my husband brings flowers home for me, I almost instantly forget about my day. That's because flowers are lovely and they were created to express love and loveliness.
I hope you enjoy this montage of my day with Tara and her lovely floral crown. Please let me know if I can offer any tips or tricks for making the construction of your own crown easier.
CHEER!
-Sarah
























No comments:
Post a Comment